There's a lot to keep in mind when choosing a modern dance floor
Flooring comes in many different materials, shapes, sizes, and forms, so make sure you understand the most important considerations for any modern dance studio flooring.
Top Flooring Considerations for Modern Dance
1. Usable for Bare Feet
Be sure to consider the type of footwear dancers will use during performance or practice, and purchase a flooring that will meet these specific needs. If the flooring will be used for many types of modern dance, then consider a versatile flooring that is useful for hard and soft shoes as well as a dancer's bare feet.
2. CushioningCushioning is also important. In competitive martial arts like wrestling or jiu jitsu, you obviously need a large amount of soft padding and support. While you certainly don't need complete cushioning for most performing arts such as dance routines, it helps to have some soft padding under your feet. This is especially important if your dance routines involve lifts and jumps of any kind.
Cushioning is not just important for preventing injuries caused by falls; it also can make a difference on the health of knees, ligaments, hips, and other areas of the body that can be affected by constant impacts. Find a modern dance floor that will provide a basic amount of cushioning and you'll be able to dance much better for a longer period!
3. Simple, Fast InstallationInstallation should be fast and simple for your flooring because you don't want to spend hours and hours installing the product. This is especially important if you will be using the modern dance studio flooring mats or rolls at different locations on a regular basis. Make sure you are purchasing a product that can be installed with little to no special adhesives or glues.
Not only should the modern dance floor be easy to install, it should also be easy to disassemble. You should be able to take apart the flooring or roll it up quickly and clear the area fast.
4. StorageHow easily does the flooring material store in a closet, vehicle or equipment trailer? Being able to store your dance floor mats in different locations will create convenience and reliability. This makes life much easier for traveling dance teams and theaters that need dance flooring that is easily removed and stored away.
Being able to pack the flooring in a small area is important for dance studios or gyms that have lots of equipment. In this case, ease of storage creates an organized, functional facility.
5. PricingLike any purchasing decision, pricing is always important. Be sure to consider the pricing on any dance floor, and note the amount of items you'll get with a single order. For example, some flooring products are shipped in single units, while others are sold in bulk packages. Take a thorough look and consider the price (and what you'll get for that price) when purchasing flooring material.
6. Will You Need Sub-flooring?
Sub-flooring can also increase the cushioning over hard surfaces such as concrete, so it may be a good choice if you need a soft landing space for your dance routines.
7. Slip-ResistanceYou can't complete a good dance routine if you're slipping and sliding uncontrollably all over the floor. Research the material's slip resistance to ensure the product will give you quality and reliability. It always helps to have a material that is strong and supportive, but slip resistance can increase the safety of your floor, as well as your facility.
Many modern dance floors made from vinyl are slip resistant, even when wearing hard or soft-soled shoes. They also provide great traction for bare feet, making them a versatile options for any dance team or facility.
What is a Marley Floor?One of the terms you will often hear when searching for a modern dance flooring is ''marley floors.'' This is a specific type of dance flooring that is made from sheets of vinyl. They usually come in rolled sheets and are often quite thin, as thin as 1.5 millimeters. This type of flooring is often used by theaters that have many different performances and need a temporary dance floor surface. It's also a industry standard for many dance studios.
Top Options for Modern Dance Flooring
These dance floor rolls come with a 5-year warranty. They are durable and effective, giving dancers of all types a reliable space to practice or perform. The vinyl is non-absorbent and non-reflective. It is also skid-resistant, making it a good option for tap dancing and ballet performance. It can be used as a temporary surface, but also doubles as a permanent dance floor if needed. It does not require any special adhesives or tape, although they can be used if you are permanently laying the roll out dance floor mat.
It will give you 20 linear feet of Adagio marley dance floor, so you'll have plenty of room for the most advanced dances and activities. It is designed to install quickly, and can be laid over any hard surface, which means you can take it wherever you need to perform.
Although the standard size for this portable dance floor mat is 10.5x10 feet, the product can be ordered to custom sizes. Feel free to contact our team for more information on custom orders. With durability and comfort, this modern dance floor can be used with shoes or bare feet.
These tiles use one of the strongest locking systems available: the cam-lock technology. With a lock and latch system, this is our strongest locking mechanism, creating an unbeatable hold for your modern dance flooring.
These tiles have a top surface made from high-quality vinyl, and you can choose between white or black. This makes the dance floor strong as well as attractive, and maintenance can often be completed with little more than a soft push broom. Although waxing is recommended, you will not need to perform frequent maintenance for this modern dance studio flooring.
The top layer of tiles come in 1-foot squares and have a snap-together design, which is easy for anyone to connect. The bottom layer consists of 2-foot foam squares that connect together like a puzzle. Together, they are one inch thick, giving slight cushioning while maintaining proper firmness for modern dance.
Because these tiles are lightweight and easy to connect, they make excellent portable modern dance flooring. This subfloor is perfect for your traveling dance group or a competing dance team. It will set up quickly and can be disassembled in a flash. With cushion, affordability, and durability, this is the dance sub-flooring you have to have!
Note: Most customers will top this subfloor system with a marley surface.
Quality Flooring Backed by Outstanding Service
You deserve more than just a modern dance floor. You deserve a world-class product backed by the service and support of an American company!
Flooring is not a one-size-fits-all product. Contact Greatmats and we'll help you choose the specific flooring for your specific needs. If you're going to spend your hard-earned money of flooring, we believe you should have the right product, so contact us today!
Related Product: Rosco Adagio Full Roll